Friday 9 October 2015

Halloween 31 Oktober


Image result for halloween


I greet you in the wonderful name of Jesus Christ. May His Holy Spirit speak into your spirit through this letter.

We are on the eve of one of the worst satanic festivals, namely Halloween. As I listen to people talking, many of them Christians, and watch the programs and advertisements on TV, I hear and see about upcoming Halloween parties.

Looking at God’s word, the Bible, I realize that what was written years ago is still applicable today. It is written in Isaiah 5:13 “Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst.”  Taken into captivity means, being led away in chains!!!

God’s people are still being taken captive and the shocking part is they are going willingly. They are not willing to listen and has got an attitude of I don’t need to know!!

God says in Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.” What a stern warning!! “You will not be a priest for ME and because you choose to be un-teachable and ignorant, I (GOD) will forget your children.”

We must realize that our God, the creator and only redeemer, is not our playmate. HE is a God of love and through love gave us, His children, guidelines for life. If we choose His way, His promises are for us. But if we choose to live by another’s rules, He cannot protect and help us, and we will be taken captive by the enemy!!!

God clearly states in Deuteronomy 18:9  “When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.”   and confirms it in Jeremiah 10:2  “Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen ,,,”  We are not to follow in the ways and customs of the heathen nations. Who are heathen nations, you ask? Heathens are anyone not believing that the only way of salvation is by accepting Jesus Christ as Savior, not believing and confessing that Jesus Christ, as God, became flesh, was crucified and was resurrected on the third day. If we don’t believe this then we will be classified as heathens by God. It is Jesus as Savior and only Him. Definitely not Jesus and …. (Mary, Ancestral spirits, Lucifer, Myself, New Age, and we can carry on with the list.) Acts 4:12 confirms this “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Now let us have a look at the deception of Halloween. I see so many people trying to Christianize heathen practices.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:33  “Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.”  Let us have a look at the “tree” and roots of Halloween! Then we can decide upon the “fruit” of this tree.

Halloween comes from “ALL HALLOWED EVE” with the roots in Druid demon worship. It is known as the feast of the dead, SHAMHAIN. They believed that time stood still and the souls of the dead walked upon the land. God said in Hebrews 9:27  “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”  No soul of a dead person can come back. These “souls” are demons of Satan impersonating people.

Gifts were left outside houses to ensure that no harm comes to the household. Psalms 91:11 states the following: “For He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.”  If we need protection let us remind God of His promise. No gifts can protect us against evil spirits.

Yellow ribbons were tied around oak trees as prayers to the sun to have their children spared. Jesus said in Matthew 18:6, Mark 9:42 and Luke 17:2  “It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.”  Jesus himself is looking after our children. So let us live according to His word thus enabling Him to guard over us and our children!!

Where does the “bonfire” comes from? Druids chose certain children to be offered on “bone-fires” (bonfires) as offerings to the sun. How horrible is this, offering children to the sun. After these offerings the fat left over from the offered child was fashioned into a candle and placed into carved-out pumpkin. The victim was called “Jack-of-the-Lantern” (Jack-o’-Lantern).

What about the “TRICK or TREAT” you ask? If gifts weren’t given to the Druids, a “trick” followed - a hexagram (curse) was drawn on the door of the house. That night Satan or his demons would kill someone in that household through fear.

In 2 Timothy 1:7 God says “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”  So who uses fear? Satan of course! God does not kill people!! Jesus said in John 8:44 & 45 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.” God is speaking in Ezekiel 18:32  “For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.”  We do not serve a God that kills. May I ask you something? Will you kill your children? NO!!! We will never do that! So why will our heavenly Father kill His children? So many of God’s children are killed because we are in a spiritual war! We choose, so many times by ignorance, to open doors for Satan and he is the killer.

Now what about my previous celebrations of this day and my accepting these parties and celebrations as “harmless” fun? It is written in Act 17:30 “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.”  If we repent God will forgive. He says in Hebrews 10:17  “And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.”  But warns us in Ephesians 4:27  “Neither give place to the devil.”  We cannot carry on in our previous ways.

Let us make a choice today! God asks us to choose in Deuteronomy 30:19  “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”  Do you see Father’s love, even in this choice? He even recommends what we must choose “therefore choose life”. BUT you and I must make the choice.

If you want to make that choice today, please pray with me.

“Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ. I accept Jesus again as my Lord and Savior and confess that I believe that He died for me and was resurrected. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save me!  Father, I repent today that I was ignorant of Your commands and ask for forgiveness. I gratefully accept Your forgiveness and pray that You will enable me to discern between right and wrong. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit and empower me to stand up for You.  I also pray for those involved in this Satanic feast and ask that you will send angels into those places where rituals are performed. I ask that your children will see Halloween for what it really is and will turn away form it.  I ask in Jesus Name that You will set up Your angels around us to protect us and our loved ones. I state as it is written in Jos 24:15 “...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. I ask and declare this in the name of Jesus Christ.  AMEN”

Be blessed in the name of Jesus Christ.

Cobus van Heerden (cvh@oicb.co.za)

 PS: On our web download section of the website, you will find a free video download regarding Halloween.

 cobus
Geplaas met toestemming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Melaatsheid

My doel met hierdie week se skrywe, is om net aan jou die wonderlikheid van ons Bybel te bewys en dat daar geen twyfel moet bestaan dat ons ...